With everything going on in our day-to-day lives, it’s easy to forget the small gestures that keep a relationship ticking. What most of us don’t realize is, it doesn’t take a lot of effort to make our partners feel more loved, appreciated and valued every day. Here are a few simple ways to bring about a happy change in your relationship. The best part is, they will fit effortlessly into your routine.
1. Regularly think about what you love about your partner and share your thoughts with him as well. It’s important to shift your thinking to the positive and look for the best in your partner.
2. Go on a date with your partner, every week! Plan every detail so that it’s romantic and loving.
3. At least once a month, try something completely new together. It could be rollerblading, a visit to the theatre or even a road trip to a new town. Experiencing new things with each other adds excitement to your relationship.
4. Increase trust and intimacy by sharing your feelings, needs and desires – in turn, he too will start sharing his. This will only bring you’ll closer.
5. Dream together – imagine your future and set goals that you can work on together to reach.
6. Wear a signature perfume and look good every time you meet him. He won’t be able to get your scent out of his head and soon he will start associating that particular scent only to you – every time he smells it, his mind will automatically be drawn to thoughts of you!
7. Always speak to him in a loving and respectful way. In turn, he will love and treat you well, too.
8. Give your sweetheart a hug. Simple things like hugging or handholding are important to keep your relationship healthy. Every time you do it, you’re sending him a positive message that you love him and are comfortable with him.
9. Never go to sleep angry. If there has been a misunderstanding, make it a point to make up before bed. This way, no argument will ever go on for too long.
10. Say thank you. Think about the last time your partner did something to help you out or made you feel special and then say ‘thank you’ for it. Don’t get so comfortable that you take him for granted. You can even say ‘thank you’ to him for simply being in your life! Remember, it’s very important to express gratitude for this.
So go ahead and practice these on a daily basis. Soon you’ll be working towards building a stronger connection with your significant other and establishing a lasting bond, which will go on forever!